Egirdir Suggestions

Recommendations, tips, reports and warnings about hotels in Antalya, on Turkey's Mediterranean coast.

Moderator: sinan

Al
TTP Expert
How many stars? **: 0

Egirdir Suggestions

Postby Al » Wed Apr 27, 2005 8:09 am

Hi folks. Looks like I'll be in Antalya for a bit this summer. I'd like to take a few days to do some photography at Pisidian Antioch (Yalvac). I seem to recall that Yalvac isn't a very tourist friendly town (nice people, just not many places to stay). I'll have to pass through Egirdir on the way there and back and that seems a better bet for a place to stay for two nights.

Any suggestions? I like my own room and bathroom, clean sheets, and no one leaning on me to buy a carpet. Local color is great.

Anyone heard of Lale Hostel and Pension? Their web site looks good, but I've learned that even Hell could look good on a web site.

Andrey

Postby Andrey » Wed May 04, 2005 1:54 pm

Some people tout Ali Pansion http://www.alispension.com/egirdir
But you are right about Hell
:)

Al
TTP Expert

Postby Al » Mon Aug 15, 2005 9:55 pm

BTW, I did stay at Lale Hostel for a night. It's your basic, slightly funky, pension. Rooms were OK. Bathrooms were small. No hot water in the early morning for a shower. Great view from the terrace of the lake. Lots of stairs.

It was no more nor less than I expected. An adequate, fairly inexpensive pension.

carrie
TTP Expert

Postby carrie » Mon Aug 15, 2005 11:57 pm

Dear Al,

Just some tips for ''Egirdir'' maybe check out ''GOL PANSİYON '' the owners name is Ahmet Davras PH: +090 0246 311 2370 sorry no web-site.

I personally have not stayed there but I have friends that have frequently stayed there and have recommended this hotel to me.

Selahattin in Ankara recommends this hotel especially for the local fish http://www.hotelegirdir.com/ingilizce.htm

also try google search http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=& ... tnG=Search
Good luck!!
Carrie

carrie
TTP Expert

Postby carrie » Mon Aug 29, 2005 12:05 am

Update for ''Gol Pension''
Here is their email address: ahmetdavras@hotmail.com
0090 246 311 2370

steve

Postby steve » Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:56 pm

Halley Pansyion is very very good. Excellent food and great value.

Jeanne

Postby Jeanne » Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:58 am

Hi all,
I stayed in Ali pension in Egedir many years ago. It is the best spot, at the far end of the penisula. A very friendly family and if you get a chance eat crayfish there!

east med wanderer

Postby east med wanderer » Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:45 pm

I'm also one of those who rates Ali's Pension. We've stayed there four times in recent years and got to know the family, some of whom are now resident in England. We like the friendly family atmosphere - sitting around eating whatever the family is also having for dinner and having breakfast outside when the weather permits.

It's out at the end of the causeway on what was originally a mainly Greek village and is a peaceful place to spend a few days - though I have to say we have only stayed there in the off season. High season might well be more noisy. In spring it seems to be on a bird migration route with lots of different species passing through and on one occasion we witnessed a mass migration of tens of thousands of Painted Lady butterflies crossing the lake from the southwest.

We just happened to pick this place out on a guidebook recommendation but I would say most of the other pensions in the area would be equally good. If you're thinking of staying here then get in touch with Birsen who does all the bookings and arrangements.

tatra

Re: Egirdir Suggestions

Postby tatra » Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:37 pm

Hello,

First this is my first post on this forum and must say i'm glad to join it.

Went to Alis Pension in Egirdir, and would say it is nothing great ; we were supposed to stay 3 nights and left after the fist one.

We had the strange feeling not to be very wellcome there, in the middle of a large family which did not care about us and had loud conversations life and by the computer in the common room. So many people entering and exiting the room every minute.....
The rooms are small, and it is almost not possible to take a shower in the bathroom of the room 1 at least. The computer is supposed to be free of access but always busy and anyway just in the middle of the private space of the family.
Rate was 50 YTL double included breakfast ; it seems to me to be the maximum for the offer.
Food is available for dinner.... Just normal meal for the price of the beside Melodi Restaurant which is the best in Egirdir. Prefer the restaurant ....

Michel

davlynm

Re: Egirdir Suggestions

Postby davlynm » Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:19 pm

Just back from a wonderful 3 week holiday in Turkey. :D We stayed at Sehsuvar Peace Pension (#5 Yesilada Mah.Tel :-+905436011909 E-mail:-sehsuvar_o@hotmail.com) when we were in Egirdir.The owners Huseyin and Esma were extremly kind and friendly and although we only spent 2 nights there became good friends :) despite our inability to speak Turkish.Sehsuvar Pension is in the central part of the Yesilada Island just away from the main road but within easy walking distance to all restaurants.Rooms are simple but large and immaculately clean with shower/toilet on suite.Very good value for a B+B with the added facility of having our laundry taken care of on our stop-over.On the recommendation of Lonely Planet we had both dinners at Melodi Restaurant situated on the ring road (Yesilada Mah #37 Tel:-+902463114816) and were extremely happy :D with quality,value and variety of food as well as a wonderful view of the Lake.The restaurant was very busy with local Turkish couples,families and small groups and all round one of the best value restaurants we ate at on our trip.Whilst at this stopover we visited Sagalossos and Burdur Museum which together made a very worthwhile day trip and a definite must to visit in Isparta,Turkey. :D

Return to “Antalya Hotels”