Flight from Antalya to Istanbul to catch flight back to US

Travel to, in and around Turkey by plane

Moderator: sinan

Majikow

Flight from Antalya to Istanbul to catch flight back to US

Post by Majikow » Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:03 am

Hi,

I'll be flying into Istanbul on Apr 13th and traveling around (Cappodocia, Selcuk, Palmukkale, Lycian Coast, Antalya) until May 3rd. On May 3rd my return flight to the US from Istanbul on Turkish Airlines leaves at 11 AM from Ataturk. My question is, is it OK to fly back from Antalya on the morning of May 3rd to catch my 11 AM flight (on either Onur, Atlas or TA)? Also, how early should I be at Ataturk to check in for my 11 AM flight and will I go through passport control there? I just want to make sure I don't miss my flight home.

Also, my girlfriend is leaving on Sunday the 22nd from Istanbul on a 10:40 AM flight and I am hoping to get her a flight back from Izmir that morning. Any separate concerns for this?

Thanks in advance.

Tavsan
How many stars? **: 0

Re: Flight from Antalya to Istanbul to catch flight back to

Post by Tavsan » Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:44 am

They will take note of how long you have stayed and stamp you on the way out. I take a similar connection departing Ankara way early in the morning allowing me plenty of time to get there, do a little airport shopping, and get everything checked in. The earlier the better I say. Also, nothing wrong with returning to Istanbul a couple of days early just to see a few things before departure. There are some fairly affordable hotels and affordable airport transfers. However, you should be able to catch a flight back that day from Antalya but if such is the case you may want to book early. Also, you way want to consider if you book this connecting flight and it is not part of your regular ticket would they honor a rebooking if for some reason your flight from Antalya was delayed or canceled? Our last trip we made certain to be in our departure city (Istanbul) earlier than the day of departure just in case since we were traveling with a group.

Tavsan