Ataturk Airport Connection Time

Travel to, in and around Turkey by plane

Moderator: sinan

lkorthauer

Ataturk Airport Connection Time

Post by lkorthauer » Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:20 pm

I'm flying into Istanbul from Zurich and trying to make a connecting flight to Nevsehir. Is a 70 minute layover cutting it too close? I will not be checking a bag and can walk briskly/run if I need to to make the connection. The flight arrives on a Monday at 16:30.

How much time will I need to get through customs and over to the domestic terminal? Any tips/tricks/advice about the layout of the airport so I can know what to expect?

Thanks for the advice!

SwampeastMike
How many stars? **: 0

Re: Ataturk Airport Connection Time

Post by SwampeastMike » Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:26 pm

Things usually move smoothly at Ataturk Airport. Presuming you need a visa, get in that line first (it's to the left of immigration)--if you don't get the visa stamp you'll loose your place in line and have to start over again. Cash in the exact amount is the ONLY form of payment allowed for the visa stamp--the amount and currency varies with your nationality. US citizens pay $20 in USD only.

After customs, follow the "connecting flights" (or similar) signs that will lead you through a secure tunnel to the domestic terminal--this saves the initial security screening required to enter the domestic terminal.