Ilhara Valley - Antalya by car help

Info on guided and independent tours, best routes and itineraries around Turkey

Moderator: sinan

kfriebel

Ilhara Valley - Antalya by car help

Postby kfriebel » Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:26 am

I need help with my driving itinerary from Goreme to Antalya.

We are spending 3 nights in Goreme and then will head to Antalya. On the way to Antalya we want to do a 3 hour day hike in the Ilhara Valley, and see ancient Lystra (Hatansuray) which is about 1 hour SW of Konya. We prefer not to stay the night in Konya. Should we stay in Askaray, or Ilhara for one night and then try and do the drive to Antalya via Lystra all in one day, or is there somewhere you reccomend to stay the night about 2 hours south of Konya. I am relying on google maps for driving times and they say Askaray - Antalya - via Lystra is about 7.5 hours. Hotel reccomendations either in Askaray or Ilhara or place in between would be helpful too.

aykut

Re: Ilhara Valley - Antalya by car help

Postby aykut » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:01 pm

Helllo from Antalya,
There is no hotel or proper accommodation facility in Aksaray or Lystra.
You better to stay in Konya or drive to Antalya which takes 7 hours.Konya is the best option to stay for you.

İyi yolculuklar
Aykut Atınışık
Antalya-Turkey
aykutantalya@mynet.com

David Morgan
How many stars? **: 0

Re: Ilhara Valley - Antalya by car help

Postby David Morgan » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:54 pm

I stayed at the Çatlak Hotel when I walked the Ihlara valley in June 2 years ago. When I left I visited Aksaray museum for a while, so it wasn't until about midday that I actually departed from Aksaray. I did a bit of sightseeing along the way - Ereğli and Can Hasan - and I made it to Side at nightfall - about 8.5 hours after leaving Aksaray.
Antalya is about another hour from Side, so I reckon you should have no problems doing that drive and stopping for sightseeing along the way, just depart early.

P.S. I see that Lystra is only 10km off the main road from Konya to Seydişehir, not much of a detour.

Return to “Tours & Itineraries”