Flight advice

Info on guided and independent tours, best routes and itineraries around Turkey

Moderator: sinan

Saf

Flight advice

Postby Saf » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:00 pm

Hi,

I'm plannig a trip to Turkey (Istanbul) but also want to try and visit Sanliurfa while there. I tried to look for flights from Istanbul to Sanliurfa online but the prices returned are more than my flight from UK to Istanbul so I'm guessing that's not quite right.

I read on this site that if you book through a travel agency in Turkey itself you'll often get cheaper prices so can anyone confirm what kind of price I would expect to go from Istanbul to Sanliurfa (return)? Also is it easy to get a hotel in Sanliurfa? As again I can't find these online either (not that I expected to).

Would it be cheaper/better to go Istanbul -> Konya -> Sanliurfa?

Sorry about all the questions and any advice greatly appreciated.

sophief
How many stars? **: 0

Re: Flight advice

Postby sophief » Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:15 pm

Hi Saf,
Why dont you try looking at internal flights with Pegasus http://www.flypgs.com. They are a very good company.
they have daily flights from Istanbul Sabiha Gokcen airport to Gaziantep. I just bought mine for about 30 TL, less than the bus fare! Gaziantep is about 2hours from Urfa. You could also fly with Pegasus to Diyarbarkir. I think that the Urfa airport is only used by turkish airlines, which have much higher fares than the low cost airlines.
As I've never been in Urfa I cant recommend a place to stay. I'm myself trying to find a hotel in Antep but it's not as easy in that part of turkey to even get a hotel to respond to you!
good luck!
sophie

Saf

Re: Flight advice

Postby Saf » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:18 am

Thanks for the reply, it's certainly helped. I wouldn't have even thought of going to an airport close by so that's given me another angle.

Return to “Tours & Itineraries”