2 Weeks in Turkey (Istanbul and where else?

Tips, cautions and bright ideas for keeping children safe and happy during travel in Turkey.
hamidfm

2 Weeks in Turkey (Istanbul and where else?

Post by hamidfm » Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:44 pm

I'm planning to visit Turkey for about 2 weeks with my wife and a year old toddler. The first week I plan to spend in Istanbul. For the week that follows, I'm not sure where to go and what to do. I was excited about going on a gulet cruise from Olympos to Fethiye but the cruise operator advised me against it citing reason that my kid is too small and may not be able to handle 4 days in the waters. He advised me to visit Fethiye and do a day cruise or something shorter so that if it doesn't suit my son it wont become an ordeal for us.

I need advice on where to go for example... Bodrum, Kusadasi, Dalyan, Trabzon, Antalya (which is much easier to visit from Istanbul with direct flights as compared to fethiye) for fun in the water. I'm not bent on visiting coastal places only. I could do a visit to any of the other amazing places too, may be like Epheseus/ Pamukkale/ Konya etc.. Those who have been to some place with little kids and had a good time could really help me out here.

turkeytom
Site Admin
How many stars? **: 0

Re: 2 Weeks in Turkey (Istanbul and where else?

Post by turkeytom » Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:31 pm

For fun in the water, don't go to Trabzon—the Black Sea water is chilly; and if you're going at this time of year (winter-spring), even the Mediterranean water will be chilly.

Start by reviewing the short town descriptions on the Mediterranean Turkey page:

http://www.turkeytravelplanner.com/go/med/

Then choose a town close to one of the Western Med's three airports: Bodrum, Dalaman or Antalya.

As for a cruise, I suggest one or more day cruises from the Med town you choose. Your toddler will probably support that pretty well. Here's how to choose a cruise boat:

http://www.turkeytravelplanner.com/spec ... ruise.html

Have a great trip!

Tom Brosnahan