Istanbul - Skopje

Info on travel by bus to, in and around Turkey

Moderator: sinan

Istanbul - Skopje

Postby krish_g » Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:30 pm

Can anyone please let me know whether there are any direct buses/trains to travel from Istanbul to Skopje (Macedonia). If so can you please provide me with the timings.
krish_g

Postby Michael » Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:25 am

I have seen direct busses going to Macedonia, and they leave every evening from the main Istanbul bus terminal, and which take some time between 12-16 hours, depending on traffic at the border crossings.
Try this link for the train: http://reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/query. ... col=http:&
I would imagine changing in Sofia would be your best bet with the train.
Michael

Postby krish_g » Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:22 pm

Thanks Michael. Istanbul - Sofia by train takes 14hrs. If it takes the same time to go to Skopje, I could as well go there directly as I have got a day to stay in Macedonia.
Any idea about the bus timings and the duration between Istanbul-Sofia.

Thanks
krish_g

Postby Michael » Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:05 pm

Go to this site http://www.otogar.com/
and then choose the "DIŞ HATLAR" (international routes) on the left. You call one of the numbers (for instance, Radar goes to Bulgaria, it may go to Macedonia as well) and ask for the direct bus to Macedonia.

You shouldnt have to change in Sofia, even though it is on the way. It is hard to give accurate journey times because you have two border crossings, but for a general idea the journey time from Istanbul to Sofia is about 7-8 hours plus time spent waiting at the border, which would typically be 2 hours but may be longer. Skopje is another 3 hours, plus the time spent waiting at the border which, I guess, could be another couple of hours.
Michael

Re: Istanbul - Skopje

Postby strovijec » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:54 pm

Hi folks,

I have been traveling once 6 years ago from Skopje - Instabul and back to Skopje.

The trip lasts approx. 14-16 hours... Mine trip has started in 16:00 o'clock and finished in Istanbul main bus station in 07:00 o'clock in the next morning. Until Sophia (which I have been couple of time before it lasts some 6 hrs, including the time wasted on the Gjueshevo(BG)-Deve Bair(MK) border crossings.

We have made some brake in can you image KOSOVA, named restaurant in the middle of Buglaria :D

Some companies like Hisar Turizam (MK) & Vardar Tuyrizam (TR), IPEK Turizm (TR) have everuday line from Istanbul - via Skopje(MK)/Tetovo(MK)/Gostivar(MK)/Kicevo(MK) to Struga(MK).

If you can't find a direct bus to Skopje, than a direct bus to Sophia and then try looking for MATPU (BG) company which drives twice per week for Skopje.

The following Get in Skopje page might be also of great help.

Hope it helps...
Regards from Skopje
strovijec

Return to Bus Travel