Rhodes-Bodrum/Marmaris in Nov.

Travel by ship, ferry, yacht ('Blue Voyage') & cruise ship to Turkey and along Turkey's coasts

Moderator: sinan

Rhodes-Bodrum/Marmaris in Nov.

Postby hughsnews » Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:40 am

Hi Everyone,
Myself and several friends are travelling to Rhodes in early November and we were keen to catch a ferry across to Turkey. I know this is the winter off season but I am just curious if anyone can give me some advice on if ferries do cross then and if so how often(Obviously it depends on weather etc). I have been searching online for possible time tables with no luck so any help/websites/advice you could give would be great! This is my 3rd time to Turkey and my first to Southern Turkey so I'd love to make this happen.
Thanks so much
Hugh
hughsnews

Re: Rhodes-Bodrum/Marmaris in Nov.

Postby ptemiz » Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:45 am

I live near Fethiye in southern Turkey. The only ferries that run in winter do so from Rhodes to Marmaris and run several times each week but I doubt you will get accurate information until you arrive in Rhodes. This year the hydrofoil operator from Fethiye to Rhodes has bought a new vessel and is currently running crossings four days each week. He may continue during the winter (as he has expense of new hydrofoil to meet) but has not yet announced any definite plans. Finally there are daily crossings from Kas (further east on coast of Turkey) to Meis a tiny island which has ferry connections to Rhodes. Also from Kos to Bodrum and Kos can easily be reached from Rhodes. Both the Kas - Meis and Kos - Bodrum boats continue all winter. My advice is not to worry about this now but, as soon as you actually arrive in Rhodes, get down to the harbour and you will make it happen.
ptemiz

Re: Rhodes-Bodrum/Marmaris in Nov.

Postby hughsnews » Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:42 pm

Hey thanks so much! This has been so helpful!! A quick follow up question though- when you say there is usually several boats from Rhodes to Marmaris- how many on average? Is it a daily thing or more likely to be every second or third day?
Thanks so much!!!
hughsnews

Return to Sea Travel & Cruises