ferry from Istanbul to Varna?

Travel by ship, ferry, yacht ('Blue Voyage') & cruise ship to Turkey and along Turkey's coasts

Moderator: sinan

ferry from Istanbul to Varna?

Postby kmarissa » Thu Jul 06, 2006 1:25 am

I keep hearing reference to a ferry that runs from Istanbul to Varna (Bulgaria), but I can't find any information about it online or in my guidebook (except a reference that there is one). Does anyone know anything about it? Particularly, how long it takes and how much it costs? If not even that info, can anyone verify that there is in fact such a ferry?

Thanks!
kmarissa

Here it says seabus between Burgas and Istanbul is present

Postby alex » Fri May 25, 2007 2:23 pm

I have been digging this for a few years now. It is something seasonal only in summer and I think mainly for package tour customers. It is run by a Bulgarian businessman and the seabus is rented from Istanbul Seabuses. In the summer of 2002 Varna-Istanbul route was present.
I couldnt reach anything online either though I have even searched for Radostin Doçev(name of the Bulgarian businessman) even in cyrillic alphabet.
alex

Postby alex » Fri May 25, 2007 2:25 pm

sorry forgot to give the link. Here it says it is present this summer between Burgas and Istanbul.
http://www.zaman.bg/2007/04/23/ekonomi/h4.htm
alex

Postby Michael » Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:27 pm

The service has started but and is supposed to leave Nessebar in Bulgaria (nearer Burgas than Varna) on saturday mornings, and leave istanbul at 5PM for the return, journey time of 3 1/2 hours. However, they didnt do the sailing last week due to a lack of demand. Probably demand will pick up later in the season. Price is €130 return, and is operated by Morova Turizm, telephone number is 0212 248 2550.
Michael

Return to Sea Travel & Cruises